Yoga is a fantastic way to stay in shape, but many may be unaware of just how effective certain poses can be for weight loss. Posing can improve posture, flexibility and balance as well as burn calories to tone your body while firming it up at the same time.
Yoga offers many poses you can do to firm up muscles quickly and lose weight fast, helping to tone them. Each pose works on different groups of muscles in your body – be it arms, calves or thighs; there’s sure to be one you can try today to start toning these problem areas! Try these five poses from yogis around the world to start toning today:
Yoga Poses To Lose Weight
1) Chair Pose
This easy and effective yoga pose will strengthen and tone your legs, buttocks, hips and even lower back. Perfect for beginners and advanced yogis alike, Chair Pose improves balance, posture and overall flexibility while relieving knee pain; an especially useful strategy if working long hours on their feet! Definitely one of the Best Ways To Lose Weight Through Yoga Poses.
How To Do It:
- Wedge Your Feet Together and Bend Your Knees Slightly
- Raise both arms out in front of you and turn your palms so they face away from your body.
- Squat down while pushing back your hips until they are even with your knees.
- Lean your upper body forward, resting your hands on the ground in front of you and pressing or keeping them slightly open (depending on how your fingers work best for you).
- Hold each pose for 30 seconds before returning to standing and repeating it.
- Try performing this pose three times each week to see results.
2) Half-Moon Pose
The Half-Moon Pose is an effective yoga pose to build strength in your arms, chest, shoulders and core strength while stretching hips, torso and lower back muscles deeply. Perfect for both beginner and experienced yogis alike – lifting arms up while pressing palms together also strengthens core strength!
- The Half-Moon Pose is an effective solution for those suffering from back pain, providing much-needed relief and improving posture at the same time. By relieving tension in the lower back area, as well as alleviating any associated discomfort.
- Doing this pose regularly can also help you lose weight. By increasing your metabolism, this pose will cause it to burn more calories even while doing nothing!
- You can perform this pose virtually anywhere with enough space for free arm movement. For optimal results, repeating this pose every other day may produce the best results.
- One of the Best Yoga Poses To Lose Weight
3) Frog Pose
The Frog Pose is a yoga pose that targets calves, hamstrings and inner thighs for stretching purposes. This pose is great at relieving back pain, knee pain and fatigue as well as improving digestion – and should only be attempted by intermediate or advanced yoga students; beginners may want to try the Happy Baby pose instead. In particular, Frog Pose works very effectively at firming up legs – ideal for weight loss/toning purposes!
How To Do It:
- Start in a push-up position, with your hands directly under your shoulders and knees on the ground.
- Slowly bend one leg back behind you and rest it on the ground while keeping the other leg straight.
- Bend your other leg behind you and rest its foot on the ground as well.
- Hold this pose for 30 seconds before switching legs and doing the opposite side.
- Do this pose three times each week. It is one of the easiest yoga poses to help reduce weight.
4) Plank Pose
The Plank Pose is an essential yoga pose that has many applications; from building core strength, increasing balance, decreasing stress levels and relieving back pain to weight loss and firming up core muscles while toning stomach. As this pose may be challenging for even experienced yogis, start off slowly by first trying the Wall Plank Pose before diving headfirst into this one!
Once you feel ready to progress, the Plank Pose can be performed anywhere – even at home! This posture is known to strengthen core muscles, so if your goal is weight loss and firming up of your tummy then make sure this practice becomes part of your regular workouts.
How To Do It:
- Start by placing both of your hands directly beneath your shoulders, with knees placed just under hips. Then position both legs so they face downward.
- Lift your knees off of the ground so your weight rests solely on your hands and toes.
- Hold this pose for 30 seconds before lowering your knees back onto the floor and resting for 10 seconds.
- For optimal results, practice this pose three times a week.
5) Cobra Pose
The Cobra Pose is an effective yoga posture to strengthen and tone abdominal muscles.
If you want to see some improvement in the area of your midsection, this pose is ideal.
- This pose can help strengthen and firm up your abs.
- This pose is perfect for beginners as well as intermediate yogis.
- Body weight exercises are extremely simple to do and can be done anywhere; all that’s necessary to start is enough space for moving your torso up and down.
- You should perform this pose regularly in order to achieve maximum effectiveness.
- For optimal results, aim to do this pose three times every week.
- Cobra pose is among the most effective yoga poses for weight loss.
Also Refer :- 5 Benefits of Yoga
Yoga is an incredible way to stay healthy, helping reduce stress, increase flexibility and enhance posture. Furthermore, yoga poses can help with weight loss: various yoga positions provide ways of toning muscles quickly while slimming down fast – whether your goal is arms, calves or thighs, there’s sure to be one just right for you! Take a look at these five poses from yogis across the world today to start toning those problem areas today.