Yoga Poses For Flexibility In Yoga For Beginners :- There is no doubt that yoga is a great activity to increase your flexibility. It also brings many other benefits such as stress relief, strength, and stamina. But most people find it difficult to get into because they are not flexible enough. The good news is, that you do not need to be an advanced yogi or a pro in poses to make the practice work for you. You just need to start from somewhere and make small changes over time. Even if you are stiff or have a few aches and pains, you can still take up some simple yoga poses for beginners that will help you become more flexible.
Before you start with the poses, it’s important to learn the basics of breathing. You can start with the four-part breathing exercise. This is perfect for beginners and will help you build a breathing routine that you can easily incorporate into your yoga practice. The four-part breathing exercise consists of inhaling through your nose for a slow count of four, holding your breath for another four seconds, exhaling through the mouth for four seconds and repeating the process until you feel relaxed. Once you have mastered the technique, you can make it a part of your yoga routine.
You can either practice it before a session or in between poses to help you stay calm and focused. Another breathing exercise that can help you work on your flexibility is the ocean breath. This is a great pose for beginners because it requires you to sit down. All you have to do is inhale through your nose and imagine that you are drawing the air directly into your spine. As you exhale, make sure that you do so slowly and that the air flows out of your spine. Continue this breathing pattern for 5–10 minutes to experience the benefits of ocean breath.
Yoga Poses For Flexibility In Yoga For Beginners
1) Chair Pose
The chair pose is a great pose for beginners because it is simple and easy to execute. It is also known as the Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana and is often practiced in yoga asanas. It’s an intermediate-level pose that mainly stretches and tones your shoulders, chest, and arms. It’s also great for improving your flexibility and core strength. The pose itself is easy to do. However, beginners might find it difficult initially as they do not have the flexibility to perform it properly. This is best for Flexibility In Yoga For Beginners
That is why we suggest you take it slow and do not push yourself too much. Here is how you can do this pose:
1) Stand with your legs slightly apart and your feet facing forward.
2) Bend your knees and cross your right leg over your left leg.
3) Put your right foot flat on the floor and keep your left leg bent.
4) Lift your arms overhead and clasp your hands together.
5) Lift your chest and gaze upwards towards your hands.
6) Hold for 5-10 seconds and repeat with your other leg crossed.
2) Butterfly Pose
The butterfly pose is another simple and beginner-friendly yoga pose that can help you build flexibility in your hips and hamstrings. You will also feel the stretch in the muscles around your waist and lower back. This pose is perfect for yogis who are trying to recover from an injury but are not yet ready for inversions.
If you are looking to build core strength, this pose is also a great option.
1) Get on all fours with your hands below your shoulders and knees below your hips.
2) Slowly bring your feet together and try to touch your knees to the floor.
3) Lift your hips upwards and try to keep your back as flat as possible.
4) Hold the pose for 5-10 seconds and release.
3) Half Frog pose
The frog pose is an intermediate-level pose that is often practiced in asanas and can help you increase your hip flexibility. It may not be the best pose for beginners because it can be a bit challenging to get into the position. However, once you are in the pose, you can hold it for a few seconds and release it. If you are looking to build core strength, this pose is also a great option for Flexibility In Yoga For Beginners.
1) Get down on all fours and position your hands below your shoulders and knees below your hips.
2) Slowly bring your left knee towards your right elbow and bring your right knee towards your left elbow.
3) Try to bring the two knees together and bring your feet close to your hands.
4) Push your hips towards the ground and try to make a triangle with your legs below you.
5) Hold the pose for 5-10 seconds and release.
4) The Locust pose
The Locust pose is a challenging pose that improves your core strength and also works on your flexibility. It’s an intermediate-level pose and it’s great for beginners because you can modify it and make it easier as you progress. For this pose, you must be comfortable with backbends. If you are not, start with the chair pose and then move on to this pose.
1) Lie down on your stomach with your arms and legs extended out.
2) Lift your torso upwards and use your core muscles to hold the pose.
3) Lift your feet and hands off the ground.
4) Hold the pose for 5-10 seconds and release.
Also Refer :- 10 Minute Yoga Nidra
Yoga is great for improving flexibility because it focuses on stretching and strengthening the muscles. It also focuses on posture and breathing, which helps in bringing balance to the body. Yoga poses are easy to modify based on your level of flexibility, so there is no need to worry if you are not flexible enough to do certain poses. It’s great for all ages and can help you increase your flexibility, calm your mind and make you feel more relaxed.